The short-listed finalists for the 2015 Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers (ALMR) Late Night Awards have been announced.
The nominees include businesses from right across the late-night sector and represent the best of an innovative night-time economy.
ALMR chief executive Kate Nicholls said: “This year’s nominees are the strongest group yet and we have been overwhelmed by the number of responses. We are seeing nominations from across a broad spectrum of businesses, highlighting what a fantastically varied sector and exciting time this is. The ALMR’s Late Night Awards are judged by a panel of industry leaders and peers making them the most comprehensive awards of their kind. We are all very much looking forward to the final stages of the judging process and honouring the businesses that are at the cutting edge of the late-night economy.”
The nominees are:
- Late Night Food: Dirty Martini, Grand Union Bars, Blues Kitchen (Colombo Group), Reds True Barbecue and My Lahore
- Late Night Drink: New World Trading Company, Bierkeller (Burning Night Group), TCG, Eclectic Bars and Revolution Bars Group
- Entertainment: The Deltic Group, Steam and Rye, Mama & Co, Ministry of Sound and DHP Family
- Service and Team: Beds & Bars, Stonegate Pubs, Inception Group and Be At One
- Marketing and Promotion: Tokyo Industries, Novus Leisure, Intertain and Manhattans
- Best Venue: Koko (Mint Group), Fabric, Egg London, Forge (Novus Leisure), Oceana, Southampton, Casa Stafford, Opium (The Breakfast Group) and Bierkeller, Cardiff (Burning Night Group)
Industry peers can now cast their votes for their top nominees in each category before the judging panel makes a final decision.
The winners will be announced at this year’s Dusk ‘til Dawn ceremony, in association with Propel Info, on Tuesday, 27 October at Cafe de Paris, London.
The judging panel consists of: Kate Nicholls, ALMR; Paul Charity, Propel Info; Michael Troy, Matthew Clark; Dean Ince, Molson Coors; Jerry Shedden, Bacardi; Jamal Hirani, Orderella; Olivia Fitzgerald, LiveRes; Dan Davies, CPL Training; Craig Brew, Nicoccino and Phil Tate, CGA Strategy.